Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Little Pissed off!

I am an AMERICAN. I LOVE this COUNTRY with all my heart it has done so much for all of us and I'm starting to get pissed off. Lets start here. It seems like the majority of all politicians don't get me wrong there might be a few good one's but just a few, They are all out for themselves and it is really getting on my nerves. There are alot of Americans that are fed up and everyone says that you can only vote republican or democrat. I say screw that. I served this country and many of my brothers still do and because of all of those men and women who raised their hands and swore to protect this country and constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. That gives all of us Americans the right to all of are freedoms. If I want to vote for an Independent or the Constitution party then so help me god I will because that's my right. I can't believe people are out there holding signs for Obama & McCain. They helped sell my country down the river like the majority of the politicians for their own gain. They do not give a dam about you or me or this country one bit.
This bail out bill for $700 BILLION DOLLARS it was important to pass to save this countries bacon right. But not important enough to pass the first time in the senate. It was not good enough until they put their dirty, bloody hands on it and put all their little earmarks in it that would benefit them in some way. Then you have the Nancy Pelosi's wanting to more or less double tax people. You ask how well she wants to not only tax you when you work but when you retire to. I think all of this is BS and that's not a degree.
I think that the politicians lost sight of the meaning of their job and what it really means. They work for us, they are suppose to help us increase jobs so we can stimulate the economy, and pass bills that are going to help us real hard working AMERICANS and this country grow stronger.
This is just my opinion and I do not speak for every American citizen. All I am trying to say is don't be blind or let someone pigeon hole you when it comes to your rights and freedoms and tell you that your wasting your votes. Your a free American, live like one and stand up for what you really believe in.
I'm not very good at writing so thank you for letting me voice my opinion and taking the time to read it. I hope it hits a heart string and opens your eyes we are not puppets. Much more to come. I hope if you have comments you will leave them and I will try and respond as fast as I can. Spread the word and send this to everyone let them read and make their own judgement.

The Pissed off American,
American Irish

5 comments:

Christopher Maloy said...

One thing I love about you brother is that you are a genuine human being. You don't put on one face and are really another.

I love your message. So what if you have a hard time writing, we all have things to improve, what matters is your solid understanding of what it means to be a great human being. Your actions speak louder than words. You are the first person to pick up the lost or downtrodden and the first to stand up and fight against injustice. You have no fear except that of going against the tenets of your own heart.

First of all I want to thank you for your service as a Marine. You did not join the military for the wrong reasons and you have never held a grudge at the service you offered your country (even if the guys in charge or the politicians were dead wrong in what they were doing). You are a true example of the American spirit.

With that said you are not a blind follower, you study and research things to gain further understanding the best you can. You actively participate in your community and your neighborhood. you question those with power with impunity.

I agree with what you are saying here. My favorite line you said, "Your a free American live like one and stand up for what you really believe in."

Cheers.

Scott H. said...

Love the post Sonny. The thing about politicians that I find funny is that President's, Congressmen, etc. used to be intelligent people who were LEADER'S, not POLITICIANS. There is a difference between the two.

The American people used to have leader's like Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Lincoln, etc. who were in that position because the American people thought they were more qualified and experienced to make decisions FOR THE GREATER GOOD of America. They were elected into office under the premise that they would make better decisions than me, the average Joe. They were the cream of the crop as it were.

Now our elections go something like this: "Who will screw up least in office? That's who I'll vote for." It's just an egotistical popularity contest; a contest of who has money to run for office.

When did politics go from picking the better of two men, to picking between the lesser of two evils? That's my question for the politicians of our day.

Nicole Shelby said...

Sonny - you are, and have always been, a good man. You live as authentically as you can - based on what you believe. We always know we can count on you - no matter how much time or distance has passed.

I may not understand all the issues and the nuances of politics. Thankfully, I trust my husband enough to follow him.

I believe in freedom. Freedom of conscience for all. The freedom to live in accordance with what you believe is right. And to allow everyone that same freedom.

I admire those - in all capacities - who fight for what they believe in. Who, daily, serve to protect their families, their religion, their country. Whether it be Marines - in Baghdad like Matt, or home now like you. Or, those, like TJ, who didn't join the armed forces - but, still stand up. Not only for himself but any who desire freedom to live according to their beliefs. Or, those, like Heidi and I, who work hard to raise our children to be conscientious adults.

Our freedoms have been bought with blood and sweat. And we have to continue to pay the price necessary to keep it. Whatever price is required, and that we can fill in whatever limited capacity we might have.

sonnymaloy said...

Thanks for the comments Scott and Nicloe. Well Scott as far as picking the person least of a screw up. WHY? Do we have to lower are standards they should have to raise theirs if they want to lead this country. Thats how I feel. We should only want the best people in there to lead us.
Nicloe I love how you said you believe in freedom and to let people live with the same freedoms in what they believe is right. Because we are all different but that is what makes America great. Thanks for mentioning Matt and myself for being in the Marine Corps it was a great honor of mine to serve this great country, God, and the American people. You do have to sevre to be a patriot or a great American just stand up for what you truly believe in and make the right chocie in life for your country, family and yourself.
Much Love I will always strive to better myself, my famliy, and this country. I Stand for Truth even if I have to stand alone.

sonnymaloy said...

In my last post I ment to say you don't have to serve to be a patriot. To my brother Chris I love you bro and I owe you alot because you where always there for me growing up and you helped me become who I am. You always believed in me for me even when everyone else said don't even try you said I've got your back no matter what and thats one of the reasons why I face things head on and try and make the best of what I've got. We are all in a big poker game and I've bluffed my way through alot of hands but I'm still in the game.