Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whats happening to America?

Whats happening to American Pride these days? I remember when I was growing up my dad wouldn't buy anything unless it said American made on it. That meant it was made with quality and it also meant that it gave the American people jobs. But not anymore. I will give you an example. I have a cousin that said he would always buy the cheaper gas from other countries even if Osama Bin Ladien himself was pumping it into his tank. Well I wonder how he felt when the company he has worked for 10 years told him they are taking his job and giving it to India so he would have to take a different job if he wanted to stay. I believe in this country and the people of this country.We have are freedoms and everyone used to envy use because of that and our American Spirit. Just look at us when we go to the Olympics everyone is trying to beat us. Now you go to the store and everything says made in China or hecho en Mexico. The only reason why the companies take their companies over seas oracross the border is because it is alot cheaper, and they get quantity not quality. We as Americans need to show the companies the reason why they pay more for American made products is because it is made better and we take pride in our work. Thanks for taking the time to read this please comment and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Christopher Maloy said...

Sup brother? As always I like your post. I like the sense of pride you have for your land, your work, and your freedoms.

We do live in a global world with a global economy now. Jobs have gone overseas and I am not sure if that was a bad thing. The poor countries have shown they are not above work and are willing to pick lettuce, make steel, build cars on the assembly line. As a people we have entered into the stage of entitlement. The days of hard work seem to be beyond so many. I am sure I am simplifying a problem that has more variables than just hard work, but the biggest changes start with the small ones in ourselves first.

Our founding fathers started a little experiment in Democracy and only time will tell how ready we were to accept the call in freedom. Kinda funny that even at the time our country was formed the ideals of freedom and the Constitution could not be upheld. We still practiced slavery and women didn't have the right to vote. It just goes to show how far ahead of the people the ideals this country was founded on were. We are still trying to reach that potential even today.

I guess we will see how this great experiment turns out. One thing is for sure, I am proud to be an American, but not in the sense that I feel my pedestal is higher than anyone else (just much more is required of me).

Raise a glass bro!!! Cheers to this blog.